Project Coordinator- Extractives Governance (1 Position)
ActionAid is an International Development Agency working in over 50 countries in Africa, Asia, Latin America and the Caribbean. ActionAid’s mission is to work with the poor and the excluded people in the world to eradicate poverty by overcoming the injustices and the inequity that cause it.
ActionAid Uganda (AAU), a National Development Organization registered under the laws of Uganda and with a local Board seeks to recruit suitably qualified, self-driven, result-oriented and competent person to fill the position of Project Coordinator –Extractives Governance (Kampala)
Reports to: Programs Director
Duration : One Year
Location : Kampala
Job Role: To Exercise & Coordinate the overall intellectual, moral, strategic and financial leadership of the Extractives Governance Project, in line with the Project document and Organizational Strategy.
Key Result Areas:
1. Lead the conceptualization, development, quality assurance, and implementation monitoring and evaluation of the extractives governance program/projects in line with AAU program/project frameworks, policies, procedures standards and Country strategy paper.
2. Provide leadership in networking and building strategic alliances in the Extractives sector in line with organizational; strategies and polices for policy advocacy, influencing and campaigns.
3. Supervise, motivate and appraise staff in the unit to achieve set performance standards.
4. Guide and support resource mobilization in the unit to enable sustainability and continuation of programs/projects in line with the AAU program and fundraising strategy.
5. Coordinate the collection of original materials from appropriately qualified experts, authors and writers for the production of the quarterly Newsletters and update of the online platform extractive governance.
6. Lead the implementation, monitoring of and reporting on the extractives work and strategy of knowledge management in line with AAU knowledge management priorities and guidelines.
Person Specifications: Qualifications:
A Masters in Public Policy & Good Governance or related field; A University Degree in Social Sciences; Governance or related field.
Experience & Competencies:
The applicant MUST have 5+ years of working experience & knowledge of both lo-cal and international extractives industry;
MUST have proof of written Publications on the Extractives sector and Governance;
MUST have good Donor relations and Experience in Fundraising & Proposal De-velopment;
MUST be able to demonstrate strong research and written/Editorial skills; capacity to investigate; grasp of issues surrounding extractives industry and governance relat-ed.
A good grasp of issues the publication or sector covers, and the ability to interview and accurately represent stakeholders from a wide range of background
Open mindedness, fairness and professional integrity.
Attention to detail and ability to work accurately to tight deadlines.
Ability to maintain and grow the Oil in Uganda Website and newsletters (Knowledge of uploading and updating websites)
How to apply
Applications should be hand delivered or sent by email to Vacancies.Uganda@actionaid.org clearly addressed to The Director Human
Resource/Organizational Effectiveness, ActionAid Uganda, Plot number 2514/2515 Ggaba Road, Opposite Kampala International University P.O Box 676 Kampala We will respond to ONLY shortlisted candidates.
All Applications sent by email should clearly indicate the Position Title in the Subject Line.
Whilst all applications will be assessed strictly on their individual merits, qualified WOMEN are especially encouraged to apply. ActionAid International is an equal opportunity Employer.